Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I amended my return by adding Child Care expenses. As the result I need to send 1040X and changed form 2441 to IRS. Do I need to send changed 1040 as well?

I amended my return by adding Child Care expenses. As the result I need to send 1040X and changed form 2441 to IRS. Do I need to send changed 1040 as well?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Yes. The revised 1040 is included with nearly every 1040X amendment. You send any forms updated by the changes made. A credit on Form 2441 definitely impacts the 1040.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Yes. The revised 1040 is included with nearly every 1040X amendment. You send any forms updated by the changes made. A credit on Form 2441 definitely impacts the 1040.

I have receipt from the Child Care provider. Do I need to submit it as well with the amended return?
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

No, you don't submit receipts with tax returns. Just have it with your tax papers "in case".
Chandler0719
Returning Member

Do my wife and I need to sign the new 1040? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies