turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to file taxes for a friend the person who usually does his taxes via turbo tax has died. my taxes are done. it asked early on if i was filing for someone else but?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
chriselfe

Trying to file taxes for a friend the person who usually does his taxes via turbo tax has died. my taxes are done. it asked early on if i was filing for someone else but?

Worry about you life and what your doing. This “friend” had someone filing his taxes and now they dead ?(that’s sus) All I’m say is clearly this “friend” to grow up and start  filing his own taxes... why can’t your friend file his own taxes? They got live support now.. ####  just pop on your screen. You need to sit this friend down and let them know. “Listen it’s time you file your own taxes” 

If you are filing a return for someone else, that person needs an account and user ID of their own. so that you do not overwrite your own tax return.  With online TurboTax, each return needs its own account and user ID.  If you use the same account and user ID that was used for your own tax return, your return will  be lost forever.  All of the questions asked while you are preparing the friend's return will be asked as it the person who the return belongs to is the one sitting at the keyboard.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Make sure you print a copy of the return to give to the "friend" for their own records.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies