Wondering what's going on with my RI and LA state refund?

timdzindzio

AndreaC1

What does the status say for both of those state returns when you log into your TurboTax account? Does it show as pending, started, accepted or incomplete? Or does it show “Ready to mail?”

You can also check your TurboTax e-file status here <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/ef...>
AndreaC1

What does the status say when you log into your account? Your e-file status should be the first thing you see.

Or you can also click here e-file status lookup tool to check your e-file status. You should see PendingAccepted or Rejected. If pending, it's on way to government and waiting on them to accept or reject. If rejected, you can use steps here How do I fix a rejected return? to help you fix it.  If you see Ready to mail, that means you didn't e-file and need to mail return. 

Accepted in TurboTax means that the government has received your return. That is the status of your return; not your refund. Once they accept your return, they provide no further updates to TurboTax. The next step would be for the states to review/process your return and then approve your refund. 

Once they complete that, then they post an update on their website with a deposit (or check mailed) date for you. So you'll need to track status of your refund with each of those states. Processing times vary from state to state. Patience is virtue when waiting on government to process returns. As much as we would like to help, TurboTax does not distribute refunds, only the IRS or your state tax agency can legally do so. 

How do I track my Rhode Island tax refund?

How do I track my Louisiana tax refund?