Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WMR says my refund was applied to a debt I called the offset number several times for a couple of days now and it says no debt owed who else can I call to find out

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

WMR says my refund was applied to a debt I called the offset number several times for a couple of days now and it says no debt owed who else can I call to find out

If you called the Bureau of Fiscal Services, they do not cover tax debt.

Call the FMS at 1-800-304-3107 to find out if your refund was reduced because of tax offset.

Regardless, you can call the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service at 1-877-777-4778 (or visit www.irs.gov/advocate) if you feel your refund was reduced in error. The service is free.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

If you called the Bureau of Fiscal Services, they do not cover tax debt.

Call the FMS at 1-800-304-3107 to find out if your refund was reduced because of tax offset.

Regardless, you can call the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service at 1-877-777-4778 (or visit www.irs.gov/advocate) if you feel your refund was reduced in error. The service is free.

That’s the number I called and it says there is no debt associated with my social

Try this number for the Bureau of Fiscal Services: call (800) 304-3107. They handle the garnishment of other debts for things like child support, student loans and state debts. If you disagree, you can still follow up with the Taxpayer Advocate

FMS says no debt owed WMR says refund applied to a debt owed how can I find out??

Did you call the second number I provided, to BFS? If you have tried both BFS and FMS and neither has a debt, call the Taxpayer Advocate to let them know your refund has been reduced in error.

Yes I did I will call the taxpayer advocate and find out
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies