turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my federal and state tax return be deposited at the same time?

my card will only let me deposit $7500 at a time
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Your refunds are coming from two completely separate sources, the U.S. Treasury, and the state treasury of whatever state you filed in.  So no telling if they will arrive at the same time.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Your refunds are coming from two completely separate sources, the U.S. Treasury, and the state treasury of whatever state you filed in.  So no telling if they will arrive at the same time.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
jzmagana1

They do not come at the same time. 

mykaytya

A lot of companys will for-go their limitation on funding as long as the funding is from a Tax Revenue place. You can also call your company to let them know that you are expecting direct deposits and they can make a note on your account.

JRIDDIC75
Returning Member

Does IRS get my direct deposit from  my return if I owe IRS and a direct deposit from the state of Michigan 

If you owe it is not a deposit but a Debit.  You can have Direct Debit set up for IRS.  Don't know about your state.

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo.  If you owed tax, it will show the payment information and how/when you decided to pay.  Read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-fo...

If you have an offset the IRS will take the refund to satisfy the debt ... if there is  any left over they will send the rest. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies