Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Why would CA state return still show as pending after 2 days?

Please see the TurboTax FAQ Why is my return still pending? for information about this issue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

In the Same boat! Still waiting for that email.......still pending.....

@MichelleLO  from the page you have referenced:

"Pending means that we have your tax return but it has not yet been filed and accepted.  While we are doing this extra review, your return will show as pending. 

You should receive an email from us within 48 hours confirming that your return has been filed, or with instructions for any additional steps that need to be taken."

48 hours from when? My State Return has been "pending" for 7 days without any sort of email from TurboTax.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Some of you have noticed an issue where your return has been in a pending status multiple days. This pending status means we noticed an issue that may have caused your return to be rejected and are doing an extra review to assess the reason it was flagged, resolve it for you, or identify what you need to do to ensure everything is accurate and your return is accepted.  

If this applies to you, we will be sending you an email within 48 hours with confirmation that your return has been filed, or instructions for any additional steps that need to be taken to ensure an accurate return is filed, accepted, and you receive every dollar you deserve. We apologize again this has caused a delay in receiving your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
babak362
Returning Member

48 hours from when? Mine has been pending for 6 days.

48 hrs from when it was posted 15 hrs ago? yay, 33 more hours to go 😃

@TerukoL is that 48 hours from today? 48 hours from when will everyone receive this email?

HB88
Level 5

You have to love how these "experts" who spread false information are now latching on to these posts trying to get up votes.

If there was an option to down vote them I would.

Here is an update straight form the Top.

Just be patient

Update:

As some of you know I received the same generic response from Jeremy.

That did not sit well with me so I sent a response and included the CEO and VP again.

This time the response was for more personal and not a canned message.

Here is what I can tell all of you in the same boat as myself.

Turbotax is working on proper instructions and will have something to us by the end of the week. Now not everyone will have the same response as there is a million different things which can be wrong but they are working on it and we just have to be patient.

Did they take accountability and apologize, No, and I made it clear to them the lack of clear communication was a big problem. But rest assured they are well aware of it and have a mitigation plan in place.

It's probably best if you stop posting the same canned responses in here.  Trust me, it isn't helping.

See my previous post.  LOL.

I finally got a CA reject today, 5 days after filing.  It seems that the CA return I filed needed a new CA 592-B form that just became available today (2/18) and it has been waiting for that form.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I had the same problem. I filed both on Jan 31 and got my federal return today. Still nothing concerning my CA return. I got in touch with CA FTB and they stated that they didn’t open for business until Feb 5. So, if anything was sent prior to the fifth of Feb, it wouldn’t have been accepted. And, unfortunately, it wasn’t rejected either. He used the wording as it was a one shot try. He said I should go in and try to resubmit it in TurboTax which didn’t work. He then suggested I print it out and send it through the mail. I then called TurboTax to see if they could resubmit my state tax return. The guy said he couldn’t because he had no access to my file. He then said he would send me a refund paper which I would have to fill out and send back so I could get my filing charge back. So, even though TurboTax said they e-filed your state tax form, they didn’t because the state hadn’t opened for business yet. I have no idea how the woman who filed very early got her state refund back. 

48hrs from when it has been done being reviewed and yet they won't tell you if it's being reviewed right now. Sooo there's no telling when the 48hrs start. I was told online by the chat that there's a long line. 

Vxs8496

Same here. Federal was accepted 2/12. California still pending. Both filed 2/1

TurboTax photo 01.jpg 

My CA e-file was done on Feb 9, and it is now Feb 18.  It is still Pending Help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies