Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why would CA state return still show as pending after 2 days?

Same issue here, Filed on 2/12, Federal return accepted 2/13 and State of CA still pending on 2/17.  Very frustrating

Filed both fed and state on 2/10..Fed was accepted on 2/12 @11:30 pm...State still shows as pending. This has never happened for me in the past, typically both get accepted at the same time...Its now 2/17 and state STILL show as pending.....Why is this? It seems many people are having the same issue...

I called Turbotax and they won't do anything at this point - say they cannot (some other posts had same result).  Although they did tell me if it still wasn't accepted in another week to call back, so it's not clear whether they can help or it's a State of CA issue.  Guess right now waiting is the only thing to do, cause I can't imagine I'll get in touch with anyone at FTB/CA about this...

I just called turbotax and they say it cannot be re-sent.  Just to wait.  I guess if turbotax won't re-send our returns the only other option would be to print and mail a copy to CA...?

Same problem here! Maddening to say the least

This seems very strange! California returns are usually processed within hours. This is not a CA FTB issue, seems more like a software issue. I will contact the CA FTB but I don’t like the fact that TurboTax is staying silent again. Something is definitely wrong! My guess is that we will either 1. Have to resend the CA tax return should the TurboTax software allow it or 2. Paper file the return which will be a nightmare for many. You’d think TurboTax would learn from their previous mistake but here they are again...creating more issues. If I’m correct, this is mainly affecting those users who transmitted the state tax returns before February 12. I’ll keep everyone on here updated. 

I filed and transmitted both returns at same time on 2/12.

Please keep us updated, same situation here e-filed on 2/1/21 well before 2/12/21 and fed was accepted on 2/11/21 but CA state still pending. I went onto the CA website but says to check after 2 weeks.

dunncr78
Returning Member

Same with me.  IRS accepted on the 10th, CA still pending.  I called Turbo Tax Support and they were just reading off a script, not being able to give any answers or help.  Very frustrating.

Same. I filed February 6th. My federal was accepted February 14th I think, but my CA state still shows pending. 

There is a glitch in their system.  I am going to keep calling today and be relentless.  I paid over 200 to use their software they are going to fix it for me.

There is definitely a glitch! My buddy who is from CA as well filed with Turbotax on 2/15/21 and within the hour both his fed/state returns were accepted. Lesson learned here for me is DO NOT file early with Turbo tax. Though next year taxes I may take my business elsewhere, can't fool me twice! 

Went to this site for State of Ca and they have no record of my return being filed

https://webapp.ftb.ca.gov/refund/login?Submit=Check+refund&Lang=en-us

Asks for 4 pieces of information, SS#, Street #, Zip, Amount of Refund

Very disappointing - thinking of just going to the State of CA site and entering all information manually in their E-File system.  I will give TurboTax until Friday to get this resolved or I will E-File direct with State of Ca and take my business elsewhere next year.  This is zero customer service they are providing for their client base.

Following post, I am having the same issue

Update:

I was able to get a hold of a representative from the CA FTB, but the only thing I was told was to wait 3 weeks from the time of submission. It’s been 2 weeks for me and I told them they’ll be hearing from me in the next week. I also asked the person to confirm whether my return had been received and all she said was to wait 3 weeks. Like that’s literally all she kept saying  “wait 3 weeks.” I expressed the concern we are all having and she said we can check the status on the CA FTB website but that will only show up once the return has been accepted. My question was whether it was received or if there is any way for her to check on their end... but nope, 3 weeks. That’s all she knew to say. Sorry everyone! Just like this response, she sounded like a broken record. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies