jrbebo97

Why my refund still pending it been 7 days with same status

It will "pend" until the IRS begins to accept returns:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

Jayda2015

This is not true I know a handful of people that file the same day I did which was over a week ago and there’s got excepted the next day mine is still pending a week later and I’m wondering why the IRS don’t have to be open to be accepted 

@Jayda2015 A few returns were accepted in a small test batch so they can try out the system before they start on the huge backlog of returns that will sit on the server until Jan. 27.