Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

Im having the same problem .i filed my taxes by mail sent it off april 1 and have been checking status for the past 2 weeks. All that pops up is information dont match.ive called 800 number and the same thing is said. I cant get ahold of anybody. People i know that filed before and after me have recieved income and stimules check already . i dont know whats going on. If you know a way id love to hear it

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

@Angelsharley wrote:

Im having the same problem .i filed my taxes by mail sent it off april 1 and have been checking status for the past 2 weeks. All that pops up is information dont match.ive called 800 number and the same thing is said. I cant get ahold of anybody. People i know that filed before and after me have recieved income and stimules check already . i dont know whats going on. If you know a way id love to hear it

So you printed and mailed your return?    Unfortunately, for the last several weeks the IRS has not been processing paper returns due to the Coronavirus.  The paper returns are being stored in trailers and bins, and the IRS is gradually starting to process some as some IRS employees come back to work.  There will be a big backlog for them to process.

This is a very common problem for folks who filed paper returns in the last 2-3 months.  All you can do at this point is to keep checking the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool occasionally to see when it is logged into their system.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

When using the IRS WMR tool, be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that includes the state refund.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

Just Federal Tax 

I still have not received Stimulus or Federal refund check. when I check the status of the Stimulus it says they will deposit it in my account but it never updates ?  the federal just says they cant tell me anything ?  

filed about the same time by mail and still heard nothing and cant get any information 

Been doing that for weeks but I cant even confirm that they have my return. If I knew they had it I would be less frustrated!

well that sounds more promising than "we cant tell you anything"

I called the IRS finally. After having filed on MAR 15th and still haven’t gotten my refund or a letter explaining why. I was told by the IRS that it’s just sitting there waiting to go out and they are asking that everyone give an additional 60days as of Aug. 1st.. she checked to see if I had any holds or interceptions and she said I didn’t. She said I wasn’t under review or anything. That things are just way backed up. Every time I check WMR it just said “still processing your refund.” I did receive my stimulus though. Just haven’t gotten a deposit date for my actual tax refund. Such BS. It’s been months!!! You can try calling. Just push the option for questions regarding your tax return. Not the option for refund info or it will take you to the automated system instead of a person. 

I filed in Jan, and got selected for the fraud bs... Well long story short I managed to do that before the pandemic. It took till about may or so to get my stimulus, well since the pandemic started my tax check has been processing for the last few months go to check today as I do my 4 times a day and BOOM! Info not found... Very frustrating I got 6 kids at home I'm the only one working and we **bleep** well could use it by now.... Filed through Jackson Hewitt and before I got my stimulus I was able to input my bank act, and my issue I have no idea if my taxes will be on jh card or in my actual bank act where my stimulus was deposited... Man it's a headache I understand their short staffed but man... I should have done had mine... 

Sometimes when the return is being processed and it is going from one stage of processing to another, it will say your information cannot be found.  That might be what is happening with yours, since up to now you have been seeing the return on the IRS site.  So wait and check tomorrow or the next day.  Checking four times a day is pointless.  The site updates once a day.  And....you filed using Jackson Hewitt--why are you complaining on a TurboTax user forum?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It states it only updates once a day, but doesn't state a time... Also I work 3rds so on my 1am break 3:30 lunch and 5:30 break. And if I don't see it by then I usually check at 8am by the time they open. Wishful thinking..

Neshell
Returning Member

My irs information is saying incorrect and I know for sure my information is correct because since February in 2020 I’ve been putting in this same information . Just until I did what they finally told me I had to do in the beginning of December to send things in I waited now it’s time for me to check my process and there saying my information isn’t correct and not letting me talk to anyone or anything so I can’t log in the Irs portal or anything to check or can’t reach anybody to talk about this huge problem.

@Neshell wrote:

My irs information is saying incorrect and I know for sure my information is correct because since February in 2020 I’ve been putting in this same information . Just until I did what they finally told me I had to do in the beginning of December to send things in I waited now it’s time for me to check my process and there saying my information isn’t correct and not letting me talk to anyone or anything so I can’t log in the Irs portal or anything to check or can’t reach anybody to talk about this huge problem.

The IRS federal tax refund status website has probably switched over to tax year 2020 for the current tax year being filed.

To check the status on the 2019 federal tax refund you will have to call the IRS -

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Neshell
Returning Member

Thank you I will try this in the morning 

I failed to enter my market place insurance info so it held my taxes up for 8 months. I quickly submitted the information that I had forgot to when filing and my taxes finally showed towards the end of 2020.  Do not forget any info so this doesn’t happen to you! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies