Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Marlov4L

Why does my turbo debit card say my account is closed on the app?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Visa Debit Card, visit TurboDebitCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

The Turbo® Visa® Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation. Intuit and Turbo are trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc.

If you let the card go dormant with a zero balance  it automatically triggers the account to be closed.  

If this is in regard to the next round of stimulus checks ...  

If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in the tax year 2019, here is what you need to know: 

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 

• I don't have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. 

What if it goes on my Turbo Card? What if I don’t have my Turbo Card anymore?

If you have your card, you can use it anywhere Visa debit is accepted in the U.S. You can also withdraw your stimulus money at more than 19,000 fee-free ATMs across all 50 states.

If you no longer have your card, contact Green Dot at 888-285-4169 to request a check or a replacement card.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies