turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will my state taxes be paid?

When I filed, it owed my state $11.00. I set it up to come from my savings account, but it has not been paid. When will that come out?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ddaven12

If you scheduled a direct debit for the state taxes due, follow the steps below to confirm the scheduled debit date: 

• Sign into your Online account.
  • Go to My TurboTax on the top left.
  • Then select My Tax Timeline. 
  • Scroll down to Some Things You Can Do and select Download All forms and worksheets.
  • The scheduled payment date is found on the State Information Worksheet- Part V.

If the payment has not been deducted, don't worry as long as you filed your return on or before April 18, 2017 and you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for a late payment.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS/State.

Due to high e-filing volume, it can take a little longer to process the payment and it can then take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

If it has been longer than 10 days since your tax return was accepted, contact your state tax agency to verify the scheduled debit date.

State not federal payment.  But I think most state don't let you pay that way.  You have to mail a check or pay it directly on the state's website.

Does your state do Direct Debit?  A lot of states don't let you pay that way.  See this answer on how to pay the state.  It has 2 screen shots
1 if your state allows you to pay by direct debit and
1 if your state does not alow direct debit
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3349591-i-filed-my-state-tax-return-through-tt-and-set-up-automate...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies