turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will I get the $50 bonus from Credit Karma?

When I filed with TurboTax, before wrapped everything up, TurboTax told me if I choose Credit Karma as deposit method, I will get $50 bonus. Now I have got the tax refund, but where is the $50 bonus?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

You should automatically receive the $50 Direct Deposit Bonus in your Credit Karma Money Spend account on May 10, 2021. Intuit recently acquired Credit Karma; however, Credit Karma and TurboTax are separate products. If you need help with your Credit Karma account, you should go to their help website.

Is Credit Karma a part of TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

42 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

You should automatically receive the $50 Direct Deposit Bonus in your Credit Karma Money Spend account on May 10, 2021. Intuit recently acquired Credit Karma; however, Credit Karma and TurboTax are separate products. If you need help with your Credit Karma account, you should go to their help website.

Is Credit Karma a part of TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much! That’s helpful!

Did you end up getting yours? I did not. 🤔

I didn’t neither!

Also didnt get the bonus. Wondering if people who got the bonus can share what they did.

I have yet to receive mine as well. 

This is not true. It is now May 17th and I have yet to receive the $50 direct deposit bonus in my credit karma money spend account.

kit_roll

I am doing my taxes on the last day and here is the fine print I found today May 17th, 2021:

Bonus offer terms and conditions: Sponsored by Credit Karma, LLC. Not transferable. Offer not available to existing Credit Karma Spend account holders. This offer is available only online for account applications completed using the option from the TurboTax page. To qualify for the Credit Karma $50 Direct Deposit Bonus you must: (1) open your new Credit Karma Money Spend account from April 16, 2021 through and including May 17, 2021; and (2) deposit all or part of your federal or state income tax return; and (3) receive a Qualifying Direct Deposit by June 10, 2021. If eligible, you will automatically receive the $50 Direct Deposit Bonus in your Credit Karma Money Spend account on June 11, 2021. Your Credit Karma Money Spend account must be open and in good standing at time of payout. The value of the bonus may be reported on the applicable IRS form. A Qualifying Direct Deposit is one electronic deposit of a regular periodic payment (such as salary, pension, Government Benefits, or other monthly income) made into your Credit Karma Money Spend account.
²Early access to paycheck is compared to standard payroll electronic deposit and is dependent on and subject to payor submitting payroll information to the bank before release date. Payor may not submit paycheck early.

Cheers! 

@ kit_roll 

That date of June 11 you provided above was apparently for a Credit Karma offer you described for those who filed April 16 through May 17.  Some of the earlier folks posting in this thread filed before April 16, so they may have had an earlier offer that had an expected payment date of May 10.

Also, according to those terms above, at least for your offer,  it looks like one not only needs to open the Money Spend account, but to deposit the tax refund to it, AND set up a "Qualifying Direct Deposit." The types of Qualifying Direct Deposits are defined in your comment above.

It's possible those were similar terms for those who filed prior to April 16, but with different dates and an expected payment of May 10. 

@ mothwings 

@pchen01 

@Mnjie0912 

@tax account 

If you filed before April 16, you may have to phone Credit Karma Money Spend support.  I don't have the info on how to reach them, but it may be on their website.    If your offer had the same 3 conditions as mentioned above, and if you met those 3 conditions, ask them about the delay.

If you need to reach TurboTax Support, here's how, but they may tell you phone Credit Karma Money Spend support, since it appears to be a Credit Karma promo:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or you can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

I reported my taxes in April and I have been waiting over one month! I am STRONGLY feeling I was cheated unless they give the bonus to me IMMEDIATELY!

I didn’t see my bonus and I waited one more week. Still Nothing! I am feeling I was cheated probably!

kit_roll

@mesquitebean 

I wonder what is allowed in this situation to be considered a qualified direct deposit.. Like either setting up a direct deposit from one bank to credit karma or having unemployment from one bank to credit karma or having a job direct deposit into credit karma. We'll have to find out because I'll test each of these clauses 

kit_roll

@kit_roll wrote:

I wonder what is allowed in this situation to be considered a qualified direct deposit.. Like either setting up a direct deposit from one bank to credit karma or having unemployment from one bank to credit karma or having a job direct deposit into credit karma. We'll have to find out because I'll test each of these clauses 

Sorry, I'm just a fellow user.   All is know is what the other user posted above--i.e., that it is a regular periodic deposit.

"A Qualifying Direct Deposit is one electronic deposit of a regular periodic payment (such as salary, pension, Government Benefits, or other monthly income) made into your Credit Karma Money Spend account."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies