When will I be able to amend my 2020 tax return in...

pemongeon

When will I be able to amend my 2020 tax return in TurboTax?

I filed my 2020 Tax Return in February with TurboTax Online and discovered I need to amend it.  I have been getting the "Your return isn't ready to be amended yet" message since late February.  It is April 1.  Does anyone know when I can amend my 2020 return using TurboTax online ?

Was your e-filed federal tax return accepted by the IRS?

Sign onto your online account and look at the top of the screen for federal and state status.

Does the status indicate Accepted, Rejected, Printed or Ready to mail?

DaveF1006

It's available now. I would suggest you clear your cache and cookies on your browser or try to use another browser to be able to amend your return.

Be sure to check the details that DoninGA has listed above.

pemongeon

On login to TurboTax Online, it states that both Federal and State tax were Accepted.  

I am using Google Chrome as my browser.  I cleared my cache and cookies, exited out of Chrome and then launched another Chrome browser and logged into TurboTax Online.   I am still getting the "Your Returned isn't ready to be amended yet"

I really appreciate the responses, but unfortunately I cannot move forward.  Any other suggestions are welcome!

@pemongeon 

Are you able to start an amended return or are you getting this message right after you click on Amend using TurboTax online?

pemongeon

I receive the message when I click on "Amend using TurboTax online" 

I tried it with Firefox browser and still get "Your return isn't ready to be amended yet"

pemongeon

I continue to receive the "Your return isn't ready to be amended yet" error, even after switching to my wife's pc running Microsoft Edge browser. 

I wonder if there is a corruption issue with my return.  At this point, I may need to speak to a person at TurboTax.

@pemongeon wrote:

See this TurboTax support FAQ for why you cannot amend the tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amend-tax-return/help/why-can-t-i-amend-my-return/00/2122917