Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will I be able to amend my 2020 tax return in TurboTax?

I filed my 2020 Tax Return in February with TurboTax Online and discovered I need to amend it.  I have been getting the "Your return isn't ready to be amended yet" message since late February.  It is April 1.  Does anyone know when I can amend my 2020 return using TurboTax online ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Was your e-filed federal tax return accepted by the IRS?

Sign onto your online account and look at the top of the screen for federal and state status.

Does the status indicate Accepted, Rejected, Printed or Ready to mail?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It's available now. I would suggest you clear your cache and cookies on your browser or try to use another browser to be able to amend your return.

Be sure to check the details that DoninGA has listed above.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

On login to TurboTax Online, it states that both Federal and State tax were Accepted.  

I am using Google Chrome as my browser.  I cleared my cache and cookies, exited out of Chrome and then launched another Chrome browser and logged into TurboTax Online.   I am still getting the "Your Returned isn't ready to be amended yet"

I really appreciate the responses, but unfortunately I cannot move forward.  Any other suggestions are welcome!

@pemongeon 

Are you able to start an amended return or are you getting this message right after you click on Amend using TurboTax online?

I receive the message when I click on "Amend using TurboTax online" 

I tried it with Firefox browser and still get "Your return isn't ready to be amended yet"

I continue to receive the "Your return isn't ready to be amended yet" error, even after switching to my wife's pc running Microsoft Edge browser. 

I wonder if there is a corruption issue with my return.  At this point, I may need to speak to a person at TurboTax.

@pemongeon wrote:

I continue to receive the "Your return isn't ready to be amended yet" error, even after switching to my wife's pc running Microsoft Edge browser. 

I wonder if there is a corruption issue with my return.  At this point, I may need to speak to a person at TurboTax.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for why you cannot amend the tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amend-tax-return/help/why-can-t-i-amend-my-return/00/2122917

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies