Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What's the status of my federal or state return?

It's been 30 days since my federal return was accepted electronically. I received my state return. but I havent got my federal tax return yet ????
Thank you
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Your state and federal returns are processed separately so you can receive one before the other. IRS anticipates most taxpayers will receive their federal refund within 21 days of when they file electronically, with direct deposit, if there are no issues with their return. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks for the IRS to update your return status. 

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. We can't give you an exact date or time. TurboTax is not connected to the IRS or state department(s) of revenue refund tracking tools. The date given in TurboTax is an estimate of when you may receive your return. The IRS gives the actual deposit date and issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status as it moves through the process here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your reply. But How can I check or make sure If there is anything wrong or not ? or missing document ? 

Thank you

You can contact the IRS and ask if they have any reason that the return is being delayed.  We do know that the IRS is behind due to COVID-19, tax law changes, and stimulus payments.  But they can tell you what is going on with your return and if there is anything you might need to do.

Here is the best way to contact them by phone:

Call them at 1-800-829-1040.  They are open Mon - Fri from 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM.  The best time to reach them is 8:00 AM your time.

Get to a live person fastest: Press 1 for English, then press 2 for Personal Income Taxes, and then push 1, then 3, then 2, then 0# when it asks for your social security number, then 2.

@orhanozbek

I havent receive my federal texes why taking them long to send it been waiting long

TurboTax does not know why your return is taking so long.  You can contact the IRS and ask if they have any information or anything that they need you to do.

Here is the best way to contact them by phone:

Call them at 1-800-829-1040.  They are open Mon - Fri from 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM.  The best time to reach them is 8:00 AM your time.

Get to a live person fastest: Press 1 for English, then press 2 for Personal Income Taxes, and then push 1, then 3, then 2, then 0# when it asks for your social security number, then 2.

@Milsa vellon

tevain
Returning Member

except the IRS isn't accepting calls right now due to the high call volume. Been trying for a week. Luckily I was down in Texas where everything is open and got an 'off the record' answer that they are processing stimulus before worrying about refunds.

Hi @tevain 

you said "got an 'off the record' answer" 

I just wondered, What does it means? 

Thank you 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies