Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is wrong I am trying to finish my return and process them but its not giving me the option to have the fees taken from my return none of the things that it says

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What is wrong I am trying to finish my return and process them but its not giving me the option to have the fees taken from my return none of the things that it says

The option to pay for TurboTax using your federal refund may not show available if your return contains IRS or state forms that have still not been finalized yet. You’ll also need to have chosen the e-file option and you'll need to have a federal refund coming that is large enough to cover all fees. Otherwise, you'll need to pay with credit card.

You should be able to click on Review to the left, and it will show you a list of forms in your return that aren’t available yet. It should also show date they should become available. If all forms in your return are finalized, then go here Why can't I deduct my TurboTax fees from my refund? for more reasons why you may not have the option.

Keep in mind, the IRS will not start accepting e-filed & returns until January 29, 2018.

Once option is available, you can use the steps here Can I pay with my refund? to help you with how to pay with refund. 

Other Helpful Information:

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The option to pay for TurboTax using your federal refund may not show available if your return contains IRS or state forms that have still not been finalized yet. You’ll also need to have chosen the e-file option and you'll need to have a federal refund coming that is large enough to cover all fees. Otherwise, you'll need to pay with credit card.

You should be able to click on Review to the left, and it will show you a list of forms in your return that aren’t available yet. It should also show date they should become available. If all forms in your return are finalized, then go here Why can't I deduct my TurboTax fees from my refund? for more reasons why you may not have the option.

Keep in mind, the IRS will not start accepting e-filed & returns until January 29, 2018.

Once option is available, you can use the steps here Can I pay with my refund? to help you with how to pay with refund. 

Other Helpful Information:
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies