• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billandsue17

What is the Federal Carryover Worksheet and what exactly do they want me to do with it? I begining to think it is just a way to get the extra $59 out of me.

8 Replies
LisaBr

What is the Federal Carryover Worksheet and what exactly do they want me to do with it? I begining to think it is just a way to get the extra $59 out of me.

Federal Carryovers can be losses, deductions and other entries, that are carried from last year to be used this year.  If you did not have any kind of carryovers from last year to be used against income or deductions for this year, this may not refer to you.  An entry may have accidently created this form and it can be deleted.

1. Select Tax Tools.
  2. Choose Tools.
  3. Choose Delete a Form
  4. Find Federal Carryover forms and all worksheets attached to it, select Delete. 
  5. As a step to be sure the form has been deleted, run through step 4 once more to be sure that form was deleted as well as any related worksheets. 
Suz129
Level 1

I can't find anything labeled Tax Tools. Where is it?

marivero
Level 2

When I deleted this worksheet, TT had me go through and re-enter our state tax refund info. Deleting the form didn't work for us.

TT demands I fill in "applicable percentage" on tis Federal Carryover worksheet and I have no idea what this refers to. This appears to be a worksheet specific to TT, not an IRS worksheet.

hairbydwane
Level 1

This is not helpful. No such buttons in 2021 turbotax

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an old thread that may contain outdated information. Do you have a specific question we can assist you with?

@hairbydwane

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jf799568

I cannot find any information on this either. Site won't let me move forward, demanding I fill out Carryover worksheet  "total payments and withholding" from previous years state return. Neither Turbotax nor Google has explanations as to what this means, how to do it, where to find it, etc. I don't even know what I'm looking at. The worksheet has rows & rows of empty boxes........and yes, they have tried to upsell me a dozen times!

luilui

Old thread, but for those having trouble. The answer was to delete the form like mentioned above. 

Via web > Choose Tax tools on the left pane > Choose Tools > Delete "Carryover form" > Done

I did notice I had to run through my state form again as a result.  Nothing major though.  But it worked.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for providing the answer on this, @luilui. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v