genea28

What is the difference of my refund is being processed an my refund is processing?

Heather14

Your tax return is being processed, which means that the IRS is checking it for errors.  When your tax refund is processing it means that the IRS is preparing your refund for deposit.  It can take some time and the best way to monitor the progress of your refund is to track it via the IRS site.

The IRS issues most refunds within 21 days of your return being accepted.

TurboTax tracks whether your federal tax return as been accepted or rejected, and gives an estimate on when you can expect to receive your tax refund.  Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for information on tracking your federal refund:

To determine the exact status of your state tax refund, you will need to track your refund by clicking your state below for tax refund lookup instructions.

You can follow these steps to contact the IRS about your return:  Call the IRS at this number: 800-829-0582 (IRS phone support) Press 1 for English, then enter extension 652. 

Shyneckadr

My return says in progress what does that mean

Where are you seeing that ?  When you log into the online program ?  Is that the status of the return? 

luckygirl55

Your wrong being processed means it's been approved ,processing its still being worked on