Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

genea28

What is the difference of my refund is being processed an my refund is processing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Heather14

What is the difference of my refund is being processed an my refund is processing?

Your tax return is being processed, which means that the IRS is checking it for errors.  When your tax refund is processing it means that the IRS is preparing your refund for deposit.  It can take some time and the best way to monitor the progress of your refund is to track it via the IRS site.

The IRS issues most refunds within 21 days of your return being accepted.

TurboTax tracks whether your federal tax return as been accepted or rejected, and gives an estimate on when you can expect to receive your tax refund.  Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for information on tracking your federal refund:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288568

To determine the exact status of your state tax refund, you will need to track your refund by clicking your state below for tax refund lookup instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300211

You can follow these steps to contact the IRS about your return:  Call the IRS at this number: 800-829-0582 (IRS phone support) Press 1 for English, then enter extension 652. 

Shyneckadr
Returning Member

My return says in progress what does that mean

Where are you seeing that ?  When you log into the online program ?  Is that the status of the return? 

Your wrong being processed means it's been approved ,processing its still being worked on 

Does any one gets this message on there refund 

Screenshot_20230209-101326_IRS2Go.jpg

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS Refund Timing page states the following:  if you claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC), you can expect to get your refund by February 28 if:

However, some taxpayers may see their refunds a few days earlier. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date. Where's My Refund should show an updated status by February 18 for most early EITC/ACTC filers.

Additionally, your financial institution may need time to accept your direct deposit or issue a debit card. Many institutions don’t process payments on weekends or holidays. So, if you file early, be aware of federal and local holidays that may affect how soon you get your refund.

@Rocio219 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you 😊 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies