Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

@anniem17184 was SBTPG still requesting you to upload your ID or was just stating on hold .also did they ever state returning funds to IRS?

Yes, after I refused to send them my ID for a fifth time, they emailed me that since I refused, 'things were at a standstill' and they were going to send my refund back to the IRS.  I emailed them that this needed to be done immediately and I needed to be notified when it was done, and that my attorney was now involved in the process.  Later that day they emailed me that my account was no longer on hold, and that they were going to deposit my refund in my bank.  So they never actually sent it back to the IRS.  If you're still getting the message that your account is on hold, I'd suggest trying the same thing.  This has got to be the most atrocious 'bank' ever, and it seems very odd to me that a reputable company like Turbotax is affiliated with them.  Best of luck.

Thanks @anniem17184
me_n_ed

Same issue here. Bunch of rude unprofessional jerks at Santa Barbara. Does anyone actually get their refund??? I'm just wondering as I just uploaded my ID today. Thanks! And I've already filed complaints with BBB, Attorney General etc.
null231

They're holding my refund as well. I called my bank, I called Turbo Tax and I called them twice. They were incredibly unhelpful. I have used Turbo Tax every year to file my taxes and I will NEVER use them again. I'm going to have to wait for them to send my refund back to the IRS in order to get it. I do not have a valid ID. I do not drive. I barely leave my home due to severe anxiety. I work from home and I'm due my money, but they won't release it. I am completely devastated.

This is insanity.  IRS sends refunds for free.  I was asked to send photos of IDs over the internet or email and it is plain crazy.  Looks like a phishing scam.  Have already advised two others to stay away from TT and I will never use again.
dunkertom

This is begging for a class action attorney.  When a Cooperation like Turbo Tax refused to get involved in service follow through its an issue.  I bet if they w/h Turbo Tax's fee they would be a little more helpful.  Its shameful and disappointing.   Looks like i'll try the HR block next year.

@dunkertom This experience with TT and SBTPG  definitely sucked! I'll also be filing another way going forward! I still can't comprehend the legality of the way that they handled the refunds. This process was a hot mess!
rnoonan

Same problems with Tax Product Group. They are holding my money. They want me to scam my ID's to them.(Crazy) They never contacted me about my account being on hold.
john21960

The facts that they are requiring the Photo ID to be uploaded as a JPG (which is easily changed in Paint or other programs), is a Red Flag.  I tried to send as a PDF that is more difficult to modify and the system will not upload it.  I will be using someone else next year.  They can insert their photo on the JPG and open any account with their new ID.  This is a huge SCAM!!!
par51707

What is the contact email for SBTPG?
jcboyle1

Same thing has happened to me.  I was never told about this.  Not a single phone number with a live person.  I'm going to file a complaint and make sure everyone knows what TurboTax is doing.  I just want my damn refund.

I just read an email from SBTPG stating they identified unusual activity. After reading that they want me to send them a photo copy of my government official ID (i.e. Driver's license, U.S. Passport, or State ID car), I knew this had to be a scam of some sort. They have my social security number through turbo tax, my bank account number, and now they want a copy of my ID etc. This is a huge NO for me. I already don't like my social security number being passed around and now they want a photo copy of me, and if I don't send it I won't get my money.

Someone in this feed suggested getting together and hiring a lawyer. Please get this class action started.

What is their email address so I can let them know if that my lawyer will be contacting them to handle this matter since they are with-holding my funds due to a false claim and demanding my photo ID. Also, any further delays will result in a class action lawsuit.

P.S.

I've been using Turbo Tax for over four or five years and this is the first time I've had this trouble. What is going on TURBO TAX?! This sounds like a scam!

No that is legit.  It's because of all the fraud this year they want to verify your identity.

SBTPG negative reviews on BBB

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.bbb.org/sdoc/business-reviews/taxes-consultants-and-representatives/santa-barbara-tax-pr...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies