Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Yc9320

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I filed 01-21-2020 and still haven't received my taxes. What the double f*ck is going on?

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I agree. I wont file with turbotax after the bs they pulled

What did Turbo Tax do or not do?  It's not their fault.  The IRS is slower this year because of Covid-19.  

1099 and 8392

1095 8392

Hey/volvo Girl,

It is partly their fault TurboTax and H&R Block did not give the IRS direct deposits information and it took a while for the IRS to figure out why so many people were complaining they still don't have to figure it out and then the covid-19 hit another stimulus checks in second one if you ain't got to stimulus check by the end of June will be distributed out through the rest of the year cuz what I heard today

Sorry about the English talking and texting just don't work for me

I totally feel you I filed February 7th and still nothing they are saying you can go to the Post Office and track it that way you know what mail is coming to you when and who from I bet if we owe the IRS we would have heard something by now

same issue. Good luck 

So True

gmstruck
Returning Member

Today is June 15, 2020.

My refund was due to me May 5, 2020.

Did it get lost before it was direct deposited?

Where could it possibly be?

Dorothy45
Returning Member

I filed April 28 so wats taking so long for my refund this is **bleep**ed up is the status ever going to chamge

I just called this morning (45 minute wait) as my return was filed/accepted on April 12, 2020.  There was a "processing error" so the return was not processed.  They were not able to tell me what caused it, she mentioned it could just be a computer error.  My return was reviewed on April 20, 2020 so 8 weeks from that date is today June 15, 2020.  She put in a request to look at the error and get the refund out to me.  She said because of Covid processing times are slower but the waiting period is another 6-8 weeks.  So I should get it by August 10, 2020.

Also, my 2018 income was higher than 2019 but the cut-off date for returns was April 10, 2020.  If your 2019 tax returned was processed before April 10th then you will get your stimulus payment based on your 2019 return; if not then it is based on your 2018 return.  If you did not file a 2018 return then the stimulus payment will be paid after your 2019 return is processed.

I filed at the end of January. Here it is June 15th and I still haven’t received my return. 

@navygrlfrmny3025 wrote:

I filed at the end of January. Here it is June 15th and I still haven’t received my return. 

If you efiled, you should double-check to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, you can sign into your Online Account and check the efile status at the Tax Home.

If that showed it was accepted, you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to monitor the status of your Federal refund.  
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, be sure to enter the correct SSN and filing status.  Use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.  The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

If the IRS tool says it is still being processed, here's how to reach the IRS, but it may not be easy.  Part of it is luck.  Due to the Coronavirus, some of the IRS call centers are closed, some are operating with reduced personnel, some are gradually opening back up.  Some users have reported that they have finally reached someone.   Here is the normal method to reach an IRS live agent when they are operating smoothly, and I'll also tell you how to reach the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service, if necessary.

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you continue to have no luck reaching the IRS, you can try contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for your area.   They are still taking phone calls in most states.  They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.   If the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service can't help you, ask them to transfer you to an IRS agent.  That may be a backdoor route to get to the IRS.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies