Amakski

Unemployment Stimulus lowered my AGI, now I qualify for 3rd stimulus check

Unemployment Stimulus lowered my AGI, now I qualify for 3rd stimulus check.

I got a letter from the state already, and the refund check, and it shows that now my AGI is lower than the cap for the 3rd stimulus check. Will I get that check this year or is that something I will have to claim on next year taxes?

I have not received the refund from Federal yet, just state for the Unemployment Stimulus. aka American Rescue Plan.

There is nothing you need to do but wait for the IRS to process the original return. If you are now eligible for the third stimulus they are also sending this out automatically. If for any reason you do not get the third stimulus in advance then you can apply for it on the 2021 return you file next january. Right now all you can do is wait patiently for the IRS to do their job. 

Amakski

Just an update I ended up getting the federal unemployment refund and at the same time the 3rd stimulus check deposited into my account. Just wanted to share.