Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sfbriar

TurboTax returns an error in printing payment voucher

My 2018 returns have been successfully e-filed, and have been accepted both by the IRS and by my state.  I have successfully saved a pdf of the tax returns and all supporting documents ("print everything" option).  The resulting pdf does not include the payment voucher that I need to mail in to my state with my payment, and it does not include the form I need to sign and mail for my federal return.

Where the program says to "Print and mail these forms to the government" (picture attached for reference), when I press "Print Forms," I get the error message, "Error converting your forms to pdf" (picture attached).  When I press "Save Forms," I get the error message, "Your forms cannot be saved in pdf format" (picture attached).

I have waited to see if a program update would fix the problem, but that has not happened (I last updated TurboTax about ten minutes ago and still get the same errors).

I asked this same question here a week ago.  No one ever answered it, but now the question cannot be found and "may have been deleted or archived" (picture attached).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2 strange things are going on here. The “all forms” PDF you created should have the payment vouchers. And the failure to save any new PDFs.

You can download a 1040-V from the IRS site and fill it in by hand. Virtually every IRS form is available online. You didn’t specify your state, but hopefully they provide the same service.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040v.pdf

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sfbriar

Thanks.  That give me enough information to complete this by myself.

same problem

I have the same problem and was hoping that TT would finally recognize and fix it.

2 strange things are going on here. The “all forms” PDF you created should have the payment vouchers. And the failure to save any new PDFs.

You can download a 1040-V from the IRS site and fill it in by hand. Virtually every IRS form is available online. You didn’t specify your state, but hopefully they provide the same service.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040v.pdf

Second the others that TurboTax needs to fix this.

Reading the 1040-V, it clearly states that if you file and pay electronically, this isn't needed, so why does TurboTax say I need this form?  (is this why I'm getting an error?)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies