ms-deshields

TurboTax holding 2019 return?

The IRS finally released my 2019 return back in May. TurboTax has not deposited the money into my account two months later. Has this happened to anyone else?

TurboTax holding 2019 return?

TT never handles your refund at any time  and when did you file the 2019 return and how did you file it ?

If you mailed in the 2019 return after 10/15/2020  then the IRS will either mail you a check to the address on the return  or  direct deposit it to the account listed on the 1040 page 2.  The third party bank would not be involved since you didn't efile the return.  

ms-deshields

TurboTax holding 2019 return?

I did EFile with TT. It would go to them first as they usually deduct their fees if that’s the option I had chosen. The IRS has my account info, but the refund was released in May and I have not received it. TT is the middle man here. 

TurboTax holding 2019 return?

NO  TT is not the middle man ... if you used the refund processing service then the third party bank is who you need to contact ... again TT  never touches your refund as it is against the law.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service