turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

question1231
Returning Member

TurboTax Bug?-- Schedule C disappeared in my tax return form

Delete

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you had a Sch C with NOTHING on it (zeros are nothing)  then why even have a Sch C ?    There is nothing to fix.  

I'm a fellow user, not a tax expert, but I ran some scenarios on this. 

It seems TurboTax does not include a Schedule C in the efile if there is zero income and zero expense on the Sched C.   It does include a Schedule C if there is any amount of income and/or expense.  I tested it with $1 income and $0 expense, as well as $1 income with $1 expense.   In both of those cases it included a Schedule C.   But when I tried $0 income and $0 expense, it did not include the Schedule C in the return.

Here's something that "could" crop up down the line, however, but should be fairly easy to resolve if the IRS ever asks for it.  Do you have a Schedule 1 in your return?   I'm curious if TurboTax put a figure of $0 on your Schedule 1, Line 3?   If it did put a $0 there on Schedule 1, Line 3, then the IRS may wonder how the $0 was derived and would probably simply ask to be mailed a copy of Schedule C, since the IRS would have no idea if that $0 figure on Schedule 1, Line 3 meant $0 income and $0 expense, or whether it meant $50,000 income and $50,000 expenses (which would also net a 0), etc.     So if there is a $0 on Schedule 1, Line 3, it "might" catch their eye, and they "could" ask for a copy of Schedule C then.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies