Turbo Tax took another persons W2, 2000 miles away...

Turbo Tax took another persons W2, 2000 miles away from me and caused a $15,999 error of which I had to get an interest loan. They are supposed to call me today, but no.

My 2019 taxes are a mess and it took almost a year and the IRS Consumer Advocates (not much help) to figure it out.  It is supposed to upload my W2 and it uploaded a total strangers W2 in South Carolina.  I am in Montana.  I was charged almost $8000 in state taxes, haven't gotten my federal refund.  I paid over $13000 in Montana taxes and I am not a rich person.  The total of the error was $15,999....  I was supposed to get $2300 back federal and I usually pay a little to the state of Montana..       They were supposed to call me and do a 1040X, but no one has called...

You are posting on a public community discussion forum.  This is not a direct link to TT Support.

the taxpayer advocate can't change the fact that you filed an incorrect tax return and didn't review it carefully before filing to see that it was really messed up.

Now that you know what the issue is you can do your own amended tax return form 1040-X. get a tax professional to help you if you don't know how to do it.

you'll never get back the interest you paid on a loan taken to pay state income taxes.