Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo tax told me was supposed to receive my refund 2-17-2020. And since it was a holiday I would get it between 12 and 6 am 2-18-2020 and still nothing.

You guys messed up big time this year. Why don’t you just admit that your program left out healthcare insurance information and now all customers are going to be waiting a long time to get refund? All these people are in the dark if they didn’t send in 1095A form for Healthcare.gov.because you guys never gave prompt to do so.

Turbo tax told me was supposed to receive my refund 2-17-2020. And since it was a holiday I would get it between 12 and 6 am 2-18-2020 and still nothing.

Last year I got my federal tax refund in 15 days. But this year I've already been waiting for over 30 days now.

I was watching the news this evening and it said that coronavirus stimulus direct deposit payments will be delayed for TurboTax and H.R.Block filers due to a software glitch. They did not explain what the glitch is.

Now that I see so many other tax refunds have been delayed, I feel a little better that it was not something I did incorrectly on my tax return. So the glitch, or just the reduced staff in general because of the work from home situation, could be the reason for the delayed refunds???

I also noticed, like others have mentioned in this forum, that TurboTax did not prompt me for the 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Form during the interview, but I knew to go back and enter it because I write everything down each year when I do my taxes. I check and double check. I thought it was weird it did not prompt during the interview for the 1095-A this year, because it did ask last year. I had to go back through the TurboTax menus to find the 1095-A form and fill it in. This should not be something that is easily overlooked.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for my tax refund, but funny thing is, I already got my stimulus check even though I filed with TurboTax. So, as with so many things on the news, I don't know what to believe anymore. If the TurboTax filers stimulus payments are reportedly being delayed, why did I get mine? Just glad I did, since I'm still waiting on the tax refund. So many headaches this year!

Found this news article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/use-a-commercial-tax-preparer-your-stimulus-check-may-be-delayed.htm...

So I got my stimulus payment because I did not opt for the immediate tax refund. 

So I'm wondering still why my federal tax refund is taking so long this year. The article says the IRS is really understaffed now. And with the stimulus payments going out I'm sure things are really backlogged. 

Just wish I did not have to wait this long for a tax refund. And it makes me nervous thinking maybe I did something wrong on my tax return. 

Has anyone else noticed it is taking longer to receive a tax refund this year?

Yappie425

40 days and counting for me.  IRS's site still says "still processing".

I'm at 37 days and still counting here.

The IRS website status says:

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

This is ridiculous. 

Mine was accepted 2/23/2020 and here I am 90 days later and it still says processing and the little orange timer bar has been gone for months. I can't get a word on what's going on. Even filed form 1095-A and everything is correct on it. I've reviewed it.. frustrating as h3ll

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies