Turbo Tax says my state return was accepted. The state website shows no info available for me.

sharonjaee

I spoke with NM about a week ago and was told that unless there is a change on the state website, no change has been made. I just got an email from Turbo Tax saying my state was accepted. How do I confirm that it was actually accepted?

AndreaC1

Accepted in TurboTax just means they have received your return but not processed it yet. This is normal; until they start processing it on their, you won't find record of it when tracking on their website. So if you contact the state or try look up your refund status, don't be surprised if they tell you "no record found."

Per New Mexico's Taxation & Revenue: 
"The Department generally processes electronically filed returns claiming a refund within 6 to 8 weeks.  A paper return received by the Department takes 8 to 12 weeks to process." 

Once they have started processing your return, you can go here How do I track my New Mexico tax refund? to get details to track your NM return. And most states have some type of note on their refund tracking page that states how long processing may take. If there is no note there, no need to be alarmed. 

The accepted status in TurboTax will remain the same from here on out, since we no longer deal with the return once the state or IRS receives them. 
Miguelhdz05

Why does my NM state shows on the E-file tab as 

Received by New Mexico”

but not accepted? 

firelady2103

Mine is still saying accepted and our state posted to our account yesterday.