turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax says my state return was accepted. The state website shows no info available for me.

I spoke with NM about a week ago and was told that unless there is a change on the state website, no change has been made. I just got an email from Turbo Tax saying my state was accepted. How do I confirm that it was actually accepted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Turbo Tax says my state return was accepted. The state website shows no info available for me.

Accepted in TurboTax just means they have received your return but not processed it yet. This is normal; until they start processing it on their, you won't find record of it when tracking on their website. So if you contact the state or try look up your refund status, don't be surprised if they tell you "no record found."

Per New Mexico's Taxation & Revenue: 
"The Department generally processes electronically filed returns claiming a refund within 6 to 8 weeks.  A paper return received by the Department takes 8 to 12 weeks to process." 

Once they have started processing your return, you can go here How do I track my New Mexico tax refund? to get details to track your NM return. And most states have some type of note on their refund tracking page that states how long processing may take. If there is no note there, no need to be alarmed. 

The accepted status in TurboTax will remain the same from here on out, since we no longer deal with the return once the state or IRS receives them. 
Miguelhdz05
Returning Member

Why does my NM state shows on the E-file tab as 

Received by New Mexico”

but not accepted? 

Mine is still saying accepted and our state posted to our account yesterday. 

JG1138
Returning Member

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for NM to reply with Accepted? My Federal showed up Accepted in an email 30 min later but it's been two days and no word from my State,do they just take longer to reply?

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

We wouldn't be able to provide how long it takes to get an "accepted" status, because each individual tax situation is different. There are many variables that could cause one to take longer to get accepted than another. You can always reach out to the local state agency that processes your state return. In our FAQ  regarding How to track your state refund, we include information on how to contact that state agency as well. 

@JG1138

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies