Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax says illinois forms are not available, so i cant print them to mail. But they are available.

Illinois forms are not available, even whem they are.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo tax says illinois forms are not available, so i cant print them to mail. But they are available.

A new fix has been issued...IF..using the Desktop version see the following FAQ for a download fix file.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7153000

...at #6  DO NOT open your prior 2018 tax return yet.

6) start a NEW tax file.

7) enter enough information to get it started, then go to the State taxes section and re-download & Install your Free Illinois tax sorftware.

😎 Then exit it (IF you save it make sure you give it a "Temp" filename) and then re-open your prior tax file that has Illinois in it.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

21 Replies
dzielonka

When will TurboTax be providing an update to fix this problem?

Please put the fix into your updates.  That's what I am paying for, correct?

@twbettge

A new Fix file was created to download and install yesterday...it is actually now posted with my answer below (even though that was from 17 days ago)...they put in a new downloadable correction file.  So download that again and run it...following the directions closely.

No, I cannot guarantee it will work, because I don't have a broken system to try it on.
AND, I an another user, not actual TTX support...SU's are experienced users who are able to pay attention to developing problems, but are not official TTX customer support people.  Sometimes we catch things long before official Customer Support does.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

A new fix has been issued...IF..using the Desktop version see the following FAQ for a download fix file.

...at #6  DO NOT open your prior 2018 tax return yet.

6) start a NEW tax file.

7) enter enough information to get it started, then go to the State taxes section and re-download & Install your Free Illinois tax sorftware.

😎 Then exit it (IF you save it make sure you give it a "Temp" filename) and then re-open your prior tax file that has Illinois in it.

mashubert

Applied the fix which worked, but my desktop CD version I bought from Amazon allowed 1 free state, and after the fix was applied, it tried to charge me $44.99 for my 1 state (Illinois).  Why is this and how to I get around the problem?  tia

@mashubert

Here's the followup discovered recently , as to how to get Illinois software properly....AFTER the hotfix..(I'll add it to the above)

...at #6  DO NOT open your prior 2018 tax return yet.
6) start a NEW tax file.

M3LSU3

How do I start a NEW tax file?

@M3LSU3

Desktop software only  (not for people using "Online" software)

upper left corner of your TTX Software screen
<File
<<New Tax Return

How do I re-download & install my Free Illinois Tax Software?  This is already populated after enter my name and go to the State Taxes section

IF you are using the Desktop software:

Yes...a bug and a sign up:

If you are comfortable with deleting files, you can try this:

Delete the three files   ilif01.1pe, ilif02.1pe and il_ind_schsa.pdf  all dated 12/10/18.

location was C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Premier 2018\Forms\ili_18 for the first two files, 

….and C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Premier 2018\Forms\ili_18\fpspdfs for the pdf. 

This worked for several other users.

(the "Premier 2018" subdirectory will be Deluxe or Home & Business if your version is one of the other ones)

None of the above fixes worked for me on the desktop version of premiere. Also when prompted to make the purchase again, it never gave a re-install option. It wanted credit card info to complete the process.

There is no "purchase" involved......unless you bought a version without the free state.

Talk to Customer Support...let them work on it...

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>

I did the delete 3 files, & that worked for me.
cf_busch

I also tried all of the suggestions and ended up with purchase problem every time.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies