davidawheeler851

Trying to file taxes for a friend the person who usually does his taxes via turbo tax has died. my taxes are done. it asked early on if i was filing for someone else but?

chriselfe

Worry about you life and what your doing. This “friend” had someone filing his taxes and now they dead ?(that’s sus) All I’m say is clearly this “friend” to grow up and start  filing his own taxes... why can’t your friend file his own taxes? They got live support now.. ####  just pop on your screen. You need to sit this friend down and let them know. “Listen it’s time you file your own taxes” 

If you are filing a return for someone else, that person needs an account and user ID of their own. so that you do not overwrite your own tax return.  With online TurboTax, each return needs its own account and user ID.  If you use the same account and user ID that was used for your own tax return, your return will  be lost forever.  All of the questions asked while you are preparing the friend's return will be asked as it the person who the return belongs to is the one sitting at the keyboard.  

Make sure you print a copy of the return to give to the "friend" for their own records.