Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

This is my 3rd time filing my taxes with TURBO Tax. How come I haven’t received one single refund back for 2016 and 2017? It doesn’t make sense. Please check my records

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

This is my 3rd time filing my taxes with TURBO Tax. How come I haven’t received one single refund back for 2016 and 2017? It doesn’t make sense. Please check my records

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?  

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://myturbotax.intuit.com/">https://myturbotax.intuit.com/</a>

Scroll down and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on 2017
What is the status of your tax return?  Accepted, Rejected, Started, Printed, etc.

Hi — I just checked. The status on both my 2016 and 2017 tax return have been ACCEPTED
bobbig2

I just re-checked my 2017 return and I have NOT received it either.

Request your transcripts.  You will need to make an account at IRS online.  If they can verify you automatically, you can get them in a few minutes.  If they need to verify you manually, it will take 5-10 days.

No one here can access your file, you need to contact customer support.

If you have received no state or federal refunds, it sounds like you probably never filed, or your return was rejected and you never fixed it and re-sent it.  You get rejection notifications by email but sometimes they get caught in a spam filter, or you might have mis-typed your email address when setting up your return.  If your federal return was rejected for a technical reason and never fixed, then your state tax return was never transmitted to the state.

You can also request transcripts from the IRS to see if they have a return on file for you. https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

It's also possible that your refunds were paid but offset for other debts, but in that case you should have gotten a letter from the IRS or the state.  Or, if your refund was held for verification, it would not be paid and they would send a letter.  Have you been using your correct mailing address on your tax return—where you want to get mail, not necessarily where you lived during the year.  

If you received a state refund but no federal refund, this would also sound like an offset or verification issue and you should have gotten a letter.

If you can confirm that you never filed, you can print, sign and mail your returns now.  Use separate envelopes for each return, don't forget to mail your state returns as well, and maybe use a mail service with tracking.

If your transcripts show that refunds were paid and you never received them, you can run a trace here <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...>

Did you use refund transfer to deduct Turbotax fees from your federal refund?  If so, and if the refund was not paid by the IRS, Turbotax would have billed you separately.  If that never happened, your refund may have gone to the 3rd party processor.  If they can't verify your bank information, they send the money back to the IRS after 4 weeks and the IRS sends you a letter.

It seems odd that you have no correspondence from anyone and just noticed this now?

I checked my status — it was accepted. There are 2 refunds that that were never sent to me. I just don’t understand why I keep filing with you...if turbo tax is not giving me what is owed. Everything on my end was clear and accurate

Accepted means that the tax return was received by the IRS.  Once the tax return has been accepted by the IRS then TurobTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or tax refund (legally prevented from doing so).
Contact the IRS for the status of your tax refunds.
Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

Did you receive state refunds but not federal?  Or are you missing both state and federal?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies