Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

Right! I've always used them but this year has been a mess! From what I was told this morning by the IRS representative at the tax Advocacy Office this is happening to hundreds of thousands of people. Everyone that is calling and complaining about still being processed all used TurboTax. It was a glitch within their system. I just checked the TurboTax website and looked at some of the user comments and found that a ton of people are complaining about the same thing. This is all a huge, huge, huge mess. I would recommend going ahead and waiting the few hours on the line to speak with somebody at the tax advocate office. Sometimes they can verify the information for you by seeing your W-2 and try to get things pushed through. At least that is to my understanding from the rep that I spoke with this morning.

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

That's insane! How are we being punished for a mistake of Turbo Tax?! Why haven't we've been given the opportunity to refile if this has happened?

This is what I read in a large group on FB. I don't know it if it's true but everyone who I have interacted with that has wage errors used TT. My employer insists they sent mine 1/30. Been on hold a total of 8 hours over two days trying to get TA help

I filed with H&R Block and I have the same issues as u that filed with Turbo Tax.
aferguson

Oh my goodness this is insane!!!!It all makes sense now....The people that have received their refund didn't file using TT. I will never use that website again to file that's for sure!! We all need this money to pay our bills, buy things for our children, etc. Unless they are a millionaire, everyone counts on their tax return. It's sad that it has come down to a necessity we need to get by in life! Sending good positive vibes to all of you!! We will all get thru this nightmare!!
aferguson

Update: It's pointless to waste your time calling the Tax Advocate. I spent 45 mins on hold just to be told there is nothing they can do to help me. She said the government shutdown has really taken a toll and people are now starting to experience the affects of it. She said the biggest things are employer verification, social security sending their amounts to the IRS and they are so backed up. The only time a Tax Advocate will come into play is if you have a financial hardship (eviction notice, car repossessed, utilities turned off etc.).

& if you can prove a hardship will they expedite your refund quicker?

This is  basically to try and force people to PAY to file now since those individuals got their money already... so it is a ploy to make money like everything else! HA!

So supposedly TT had a glitch in their system. They didnt send updated info to the its when they were supposed to from what I gathered from other forums. Plus TT will be sending refund chexks to anyone who was forced to pay using TT. So TT is going to lose alot of customers next and Im gon a be o e of them.

An advocate is only for a hardship. I don't know who told you otherwise.

datvirgo1980 did they tell you anything yesterday

Ok So just chexked status. No more 1541 code or delay message. Just says we have received your refund and its being processed. So fingers crossed. Sound like good news. What does everyone else's say?

Mine just updated from 1541 to " your refund is being processed"

Alright people sounds like we may be on the road to redemption...lmao. C-Mon big bucks, no whammy

Ok guys i just looked on the website and I dont have the take action bar anymore it says we are processing your return!! So hopefully I get a date soon!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies