Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I continue to update my TurboTax program on my computer with updates even after I filed my taxes and what impact does this have on my filing calculations, if at all?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Do I continue to update my TurboTax program on my computer with updates even after I filed my taxes and what impact does this have on my filing calculations, if at all?

There is no need to continue updating the program if you've already filed.  Continuing to do so after you have filed your tax returns will have no impact on the filed return.  You can change information as it appears in the program, but you cannot change what was e-filed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

There is no need to continue updating the program if you've already filed.  Continuing to do so after you have filed your tax returns will have no impact on the filed return.  You can change information as it appears in the program, but you cannot change what was e-filed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies