turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jazzietj

Why didn't I get offered the refund advance loan . It was the reason I used turbotax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EbonyL

Why didn't I get offered the refund advance loan . It was the reason I used turbotax

The Refund Advance offer is not available to all customers at this time. Unfortunately, there is no way to self-select into the offer.

If the Refund Advance offer is available to you, you will be able to select it in the Your refund info step of the File section. If you don’t see this option, you have not been selected for the offer.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6467221

View solution in original post

6 Replies
EbonyL

The Refund Advance offer is not available to all customers at this time. Unfortunately, there is no way to self-select into the offer.

If the Refund Advance offer is available to you, you will be able to select it in the Your refund info step of the File section. If you don’t see this option, you have not been selected for the offer.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6467221

jazzietj

That was not stated on the TV commercial and false advertising
Dboy31

Spoiler
Wasn't offered refund loan

This year I filed my taxes using TurboTax and they did not offer me a refund loan. I've been filing through them for years and they always offer me a loan the same day  I file.. I am not happy about this as it's the only reason I use TurboTax!!!

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you qualify for Refund Advance, it is offered at the time that you file your tax return. To pre-qualify for Refund Advance, you must have a federal refund of $500 or more (excluding any Recovery Rebate Credit), meet eligibility criteria, get accepted for a Turbo Visa Debit Card by Green Dot Bank, and agree to the Refund Advance terms and conditions.

Please click https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Going forward, you can change you tax withholding so that you do not have to wait for a refund at tax time.

I was offered but it wouldn't let me choose because i already had a credit karma debit account  so i chose deposit to credit karma card.  Got accepted today by IRS, but no advance! I have qualified every year except the first year i file with them.  This year, that it was there but couldn't move on to accept.  :(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies