Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

j9hw

Filed my 2016 taxes earlier this year and received K1's late; i did the amendment yesterday and it came out to $0 owed/refund; do i still need to send the amended return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyT

Filed my 2016 taxes earlier this year and received K1's late; i did the amendment yesterday and it came out to $0 owed/refund; do i still need to send the amended return

The practical answer is that, if the new information does not affect your taxable income or income taxes, and there is no need for you to file an amended return.  Do keep the new form with your other 2016 tax records.

Please be aware that, due to the IRS matching system, you may receive a notice.  If this does happen, you can respond with a simple letter that states that the amendment does not affect your taxable income so no amended return was filed and send that back with a copy of your new tax form.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmyT

The practical answer is that, if the new information does not affect your taxable income or income taxes, and there is no need for you to file an amended return.  Do keep the new form with your other 2016 tax records.

Please be aware that, due to the IRS matching system, you may receive a notice.  If this does happen, you can respond with a simple letter that states that the amendment does not affect your taxable income so no amended return was filed and send that back with a copy of your new tax form.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies