Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fitzcrow

I scheduled my tax payment for the 15th, the money still hasn't been withdrawn. is there a problem with turbotax or does the govt take it's time taking the money?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I scheduled my tax payment for the 15th, the money still hasn't been withdrawn. is there a problem with turbotax or does the govt take it's time taking the money?

The IRS usually is busy this time of year & maybe behind on deducting payments. 

As long as you filed your return or extension on or before April 15, 2019 and you selected April 15, 2019 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

To verify the date that Federal funds will be withdrawn from your account, confirm that funds have been transferred, or cancel the transaction up to 48 hours before the date you designated the funds to be debited, call the IRS at 1 (888) 353-4537. 

When will my tax payment go through?
-------------------
You might want to make sure your return were accepted if you e-filed.  You can check your e-file status

How do I check my e-file status?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The IRS usually is busy this time of year & maybe behind on deducting payments. 

As long as you filed your return or extension on or before April 15, 2019 and you selected April 15, 2019 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

To verify the date that Federal funds will be withdrawn from your account, confirm that funds have been transferred, or cancel the transaction up to 48 hours before the date you designated the funds to be debited, call the IRS at 1 (888) 353-4537. 

When will my tax payment go through?
-------------------
You might want to make sure your return were accepted if you e-filed.  You can check your e-file status

How do I check my e-file status?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies