Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

The full refund was not deposited in my account, is there a number I can speak to someone about it?

@Acass00

There could have been an offset or correction made to your refund by the IRS.  For more information on this, please see the Help Article here for further assistance.  If you feel like none of the scenarios mentioned fits, please reach out to the IRS.  

IRS: 800-829-1040  

Hours: 7 AM - 7 PM, local time 

Monday-Friday

• Listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
  • Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • day
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
saucyy

The full refund was not deposited in my account, is there a number I can speak to someone about it?

i don’t have any offsets or debts for the irs but i only received $800 of the $2000 i was supposed to???

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

If your refund amount is lower than what is showing in TurboTax, you should get a letter from the government explaining why you didn't get the entire refund. You can also get this information by looking up your refund at the IRS Where’s My Refund? page.

For more information 

Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower than the amount in TurboTax?

@saucyy

I just received a deposit of $750 this morning. But my tax return according to the IRS website is suppose to be over $7,700.00. Other $7,000 dollars are missing. 

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Help Article for information as to why your refund was less than expected. 

@LoganMeck

@LoganMeck   7,000 could be the 3rd stimulus for 5 people.  Did you have 7,000 on 1040 line 30?  Check your bank records, you probably already got the 7,000 during the year.   Did you get any IRS letters 6475 or 6419?  You should get letters for each spouse saying what the IRS sent you (1/2 for each spouse).

Rgrosh
Returning Member

My partner and myself only revived partial payments of our federal. We are both missing the same $1400. We don’t owe anything or have any reason they would take that as payment for anything. Could they be checking our credit?   also any idea on how long that takes? 

@Rgrosh   Did you get the 3rd Stimulus payment during the year?  It was 1400 per person. Check your bank statements.  And you should have gotten IRS letter 6475 saying what they sent you.   Did you have 1400 on 1040 line 30?   You tried to get credit for it again, but the IRS already sent it to you so they took it off your return.  There is no more refund to get and nothing to fix.  

Rgrosh
Returning Member

@VolvoGirl 

No neither of us received the 1400 stimulus. 

Veefoust

Did you ever get your money??

Jass2010
Returning Member

Did you ever get the remaining amount?? 

Jass2010
Returning Member

Have you gotten the rest back yet? I’m having that same problem 

I have not received the remaining amount of my tax return yet. I found out TurboTax was having issues with people who did refund transfer getting smaller amounts back. All I know is I’m still missing $7,000. 

Jass2010
Returning Member

Same I’m missing 2731 out of mine but I did see they said the issue was supposedly to be solve in 24-48 hours 

Any body having any luck yet? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies