Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aptiva4tt17
Returning Member

The default folder for storing Turbo tax return files are on the C: drive. How do I change the DEFAULT folder to some other folder?

I want to set the default folder to a folder of my choice -- so that when I browse for files to open, it will start in my specified folder -- NOT C: drive.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

The default folder for storing Turbo tax return files are on the C: drive. How do I change the DEFAULT folder to some other folder?

The first time you save a return you will have to specify the location.  Probably do File-Save As the first time.  

aptiva4tt17
Returning Member

I can save to any folder I choose -- after I manuver to that folder. But every time I save a new file or open a new file, I have to change to "MY" folder again. It is a unnecessary hassle. Other softwares let me set my preferences, including where I want my file to be saved. TT doesn't have these basic features. Is there a way to change the program's default folder to one of my choice? -- so that When I save or browse for new tax file, TT will start with that folder. It is such a hassle that I have to change from drive C: every time I save a new file or open a new file.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies