turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I went through the whole steps on turbotax. But the AMT did not print when I printed the returns.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
VanL
Level 1

I went through the whole steps on turbotax. But the AMT did not print when I printed the returns.

Probably because your return is not applicable for AMT.  With the new tax law changes, AMT thresholds are a lot higher
CaronM
Intuit Alumni

The AMT forms will only print when you are subject to AMT. As the comment above mentioned, you likely are not paying AMT this year, and therefore don't need the forms.

I understand why those forms are not required per your answer. However my accountant filed my 2016 return with AMT forms 1116, 4952 AND 6251 included in a paper copy filed by to the IRS. Now I want to amend my 2016 return using TTax. I entered all the accountant data and replicated what was sent in except the aforementioned 3 forms. Obviously when I amend I don't want those forms to be missing. Thanks for your help
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies