turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Hello, there is a delay on my taxes under a 1541 reference, what does that mean? IS there any idea when I will actually recieve my refund?

I've been calling the irs since 7:59 this morning and still haven't gotten in contact with no one it keep saying the call time is high and call back between the hours of 7 and 10 and try again wed. Are Thursday
donnas

Hello, there is a delay on my taxes under a 1541 reference, what does that mean? IS there any idea when I will actually recieve my refund?

Different agents with different answers.  The agent I spoke with gave the form numbers they might ask me for and I went to their website and it doesn't recognize that Form number.  I AM AT A LOST.  MY RETURN HAS BEEN THE SAME FOR 15 YEARS.

I just got through to an agent as well and she said that it will be april 19th before i receive mine. No real reason except that they are supposedly holding all eic and child tax credit and that i may need to verify my income i put in which i have my w2s so i dont really understand why this is really happening.

I just talked to the irs and the agent told me the code 1541 is a path act which mean people who carried dependents on there taxes some where randomly picked for further review of there depentdents and that checks are being deposited into the accounts no later then the 27th so I'm.happy to hear that nothing triggered it just a new thing that the president is doing

That is pretty much what i was told except that it could take 45 days

They didn't tell me it would take 45 days I didn't ask the process either did u ask them how long it would take and they said 45 days did they tell u that checks are being deposited no later then 27th ??

They didn't give any deposit dates. He told me the review could take an additional 45 days after your first 21 days arecover from your original file date. He did tell me I could call back in a few weeks to check the progress. This is very disappointing to me. I have never gone through anything like this before

It seems to me like the answers are based on the rep you spoke to

Right me either this is my first time going threw this as well I just had my new born lil girl and it's very disappointing to me I'm depending on my refund I'm trusting and believing in god that everything is already done
donnas

I was told by the agent I spoke with the process is "you have to wait until you receive a letter from the IRS stating what additional information they need and once it is received the process will take 45 days from the initial 21 day acceptance.  This is totally unfair to people that claim the same dependents year after year.  Each agent has a different answer to the same question.  

the agent i spoke to said you may not receive a letter in the mail.
donnas

Exactly it is a different agent, different answer to the same question "when will I receive my refund? what information can I provide to speed this process up? Was told I have to wait on IRS correspondence in the mail.  SMDH  

Was told by irs lady that it is a delay not a hold and that agents atr confussimg people sayimg diferent things that those first filers including myself got delays and we will update the 23rd and will see ddd for the week of the 27th

Yes it's very confusing to many people

I sure hope this lady is right.They told me last week the same thing and that I would update the 15th but didn't.Not trying to break your hope but I'm so discouraged..I supporty kids and I'm mom and dad through construction which has been slow due to weather.Im behind on everything about to get evicted.I can only pray .I've never dealt with this stuff before.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies