turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tgeier

I just printed my taxes, but was not ready to file, but after printing it said they were filed, now I am panicking.

I was just wanting to print my return, I am not ready to file them, but after printing a message comes up that says "You did it Steven, you just filed your taxes."  I choose that I was gonna mail my return.  Please, please tell me they didn't really file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just printed my taxes, but was not ready to file, but after printing it said they were filed, now I am panicking.

That message will display when you print the return and when you e-file. If you did not click the Transmit Returns or Transmit Returns Now button, you did not e-file. Only you can e-file the return. 

When printing, the system thinks you are printing to mail the return and doesn't know that you have or have not mailed it yet. So it will take that as you are filing your return. No need to panic. 

If you want to check to make sure you did not e-file the return, use steps below:

Other Related Topics:

View solution in original post

5 Replies

That message will display when you print the return and when you e-file. If you did not click the Transmit Returns or Transmit Returns Now button, you did not e-file. Only you can e-file the return. 

When printing, the system thinks you are printing to mail the return and doesn't know that you have or have not mailed it yet. So it will take that as you are filing your return. No need to panic. 

If you want to check to make sure you did not e-file the return, use steps below:

Other Related Topics:

CarterL

I had this same issue when I printed to review and now I can’t get back in to make changes.  All of the relevant tabs are missing on the left.  How do I get back in and make some changes?

Here is the trick ... log in and scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to get back into the return. 

add a state.PNG

CarterL

Oh wow!  You rock!!  

Oh my God thank you so much you just saves me from having a stroke or heart attack cause I thought I was going to have to start all over and paid for TurboTax again so thank you thank you thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies