turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I am filing a corrected W-2, do I need to enter everything as it is on the corrected form, or only the specific box that was corrected?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

If I am filing a corrected W-2, do I need to enter everything as it is on the corrected form, or only the specific box that was corrected?

If you received a corrected W-2, you will see for each box two columns: Previously reported and Correct Information.

You'll need to enter information from the original W-2 for the boxes which are not corrected and the Correct Information from the corrected W-2 for the boxes which are corrected.

Edited on April 14, 2017    2:20 PM PST

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ok, thank you. It just seems strange to me because all boxes on the corrected form are blank. The original W-2 has numbers written in 8 boxes out of the #1-20 boxes. The corrected W-2 doesn't have anything written in any boxes except for the one specific box that they corrected. It just seems like it would be wrong to leave all boxes blank.
MinhT
Expert Alumni

Sorry for the confusion. Please see my edited answer.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks so much
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies