Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I see the 2017 return that I'm working on, as a return rather than just going through the interview? I'm sure it's possible but I don't see a place to click.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can I see the 2017 return that I'm working on, as a return rather than just going through the interview? I'm sure it's possible but I don't see a place to click.

We can tell you how to preview the Form 1040 in advance without paying.  Or we can tell you how to pay in advance to gain the privilege to view/print/download all the forms at will during preparation.

You can't edit on the forms like you can in desktop TurboTax which has Forms Mode, but you can view them.

Also, you may want to pay in advance anyway.  If you don't file by the end of 2/28, Self-Employed Edition price will go up from 89.99 to 119.99 for a Federal return, and a State return will increase from 36.99 to 39.99.

Let me know if you want the steps for the free view of Form 1040, or how to pay in advance to see everything and lock in the price.

Thanks--I'll review and decide!

Here's how to preview Form 1040 prior to paying:

• Log in and open your 2017 return if not already open.   ("Take me to my return")
  • Once the return is open and past the blue-green screen, click on "Tax Tools" in the left menu column.  
  • Then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools popup window choose "View Tax Summary."
  • Once the Tax Summary appears, review that Summary screen then go over to the left menu column again and choose "Preview My 1040" to bring up the actual 1040.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies