Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

I called IRS today ...8 weeks since i have verified my identity.  I was told they have no record of my verification process and I have to make an appointment and go to IRS.  this entire time my return has just been sitting on hold.  so if you are waiting I suggest you make the phone call.

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

I talked to someone from tax advocate. She checked my account and said they have on file I verified. I went with an appointment to the IRS building downtown Baltimore on 4/19. But she told me to was wait 30 days. I should see a change. Fingers crossed for everyone keep you updated

My father in law did my taxes so I'm not sure what he used

Ive given up if i stress waiting on money that doesnt come ill lose everything. So ive said f it at this point filed 1 18 verified 3 19 today is 4 24 and still processing (and given up hope) not checking anymore not calling no longer doing anything but wont be filing again ever ill cheat like the people they dont bs around and get me and kids claimed as dependants for someone else

I have some hope seeing to now I know why I haven't gotten any documentation cause of the wrong address put in the lady said that I should change my address after I received my refund because I'm getting direct deposit. I say in front of an actual person. And talked to an actual person 7 am Monday morning to check. She said there's no updates besides that I verified. Calling again next week. I need this money to come and I'm going to fight for it. Hope everything works out for you

Thanks for your good vibes but i aint holding my breath whatever happens happens like i said ive went through all the stages of grief im at acceptance.. So its like blahhhhhhhh. But im happy for you though and glad you got answers
zed1011

Sorry all of you. I received my deposit last Friday and have been so busy putting in my new transmission. So now I can actually drive somewhere and not have to hitch a ride. I hope all of you receive your $ soon.  I’m still here for all of you!

I only check mine once a week now. May 3rd is quickly approaching so hopefully I will have my money or know the reason I don't.

My status has changed to received and being processed. Has anyone had this happen? If so what happened next?

Thats what mine has said since February.

So I’ve been reading all these comments since after I flied mines. 2/15 & I just would like any one who went through the same thing I’m going through to help & shine some light, before I call & what ever else. Like I said I flied 2/15 & I went in on my appointment day 4/25 yes that long & did The Id  verification, I haven’t gotten any letters or anything so far so did any one have to wait the whole 9 weeks to get their money back, & on the website it still says still being processed & that’s what it’s been saying since before I went to the Irs building

I have my refund date. May 2nd. My God is always on time! I started filling Jan 29. Verified 4/19. Refund received 4/26. Approved and received DDD last night/this morning 4/28. DNT GIVE UP HOPE. TAX SEASON IS OFFICALLY OVER SO IT MAY BE ANY DAY NOW OF YOU'RE GETTING DDD. HAVE FAITH AND JUST PRAY ABOUT IT. THATS ALL I BEEN DOING. FIGHTING IS MUCH BETTER THAN GIVING UP

I’m happy for u. Even though u had to wait sometime like I did for your appointment date, it didn’t take long at all for u to get a dd. If u dont mine can u answer a few more questions for me like when u went to your appointment did the person tell u that it your all set and it may take up to 9 weeks to receive your refund? On the website I’m taking it that your bars left & it said your refund is still being processed & a date will be giving when available?  Yessss u ain’t never lied, our god he is amazing,

& have u checked your bank card, I’ve seen a lot of ppl say that they wear waiting on money was already on they card. @harm102012

I mad my appointment to verify on 4/18. I didn't know anything about verifying until 4/18 and that's because I talked to somebody that has no idea what she was talking about back in March when I called about my money. @kiarenee92  I check my bank card regularly. Not really expecting it til the 30th cause I have brinks and I get any direct deposit 2 days early. Paycheck,tax refun, gov assistance
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies