Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

I don't understand why it would take so long to receive my refund and I don't owe anything

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

714 Replies

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

Because it lands on an IRS employee's desk to be verified and processed manually.  The IRS is woefully understaffed.

once u verify it has to go back to the 21 day process phase i did mine the 26th and my wrm just changed this morning
kkini2

@mmmmeeee19856 so did you get your refund dd already than? We verified ours on the 23rd of February and we still don't have an update.
kkini2

@mmmmeeee19856 all it says is "Still Processing"..... "A refund date will become available....." blah blah blah lol. We just really need this refund and it's been 2.5 weeks and still no update for us. So just checking to see if anyone else has had any luck since verifying 🙂

Kkini2 I have a date for tm for ddd

It might update tm but sometimes it won't change it will just go in us bank so be sure to check it too

I verified on feb 21st and still no change on wmr. No bar just says its still being processed and a date would be provided when available.

I called the IRS today because mine was accepted on Feb 21st and they said I needed to verify my identity and they were sending out a letter for me. They then told me it could take 2-9 weeks once I verify the information to actually get the refund :( I have no idea why they need it verified when I filed the exact same way as last year and my address is the same and everything. It's so frustrating!!!!!!!!
vball2211

I filed my taxes on Jan. 28th, never received a letter stating I needed to Verify  my Identity until I called the IRS on March 7th, then all of the sudden a week later i get the letter. Now they said it can take up to 9 weeks to get my refund! I want to know from anyone's experience how long did it take to get the refund, the actual 9 weeks? or sooner?

@vball2211 i got my ddd 10 days after I did my id  which was Feb 26th

I filed 1/29 I waited 21 days to call they wanted Id verification. I went to the local office spent a good hour watching her look over and type type type. When she was done she said the identification was complete to log into wmr. Also she said could take 9 weeks but then she also said it don’t usually take that long to call a number if I dont see anything in 21 days. My refund still processing I’m frustrated but I’m trying to believe in my gods perfect timing he been this good so he got me. You all have blessed day sry bout the frustration we all make it through eventually.

I verified on February 26th and I still don't have a date yet.

@brinson598 i did mine same day and got mine yesterday

I hope I get mines immediately I just did it Tuesday morning
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies