turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zxcv361jj

I received 1095-B but my SSN is missing and only shows my birthday, and my school refused to update and send me a new form, will IRS ask me for a payment?

I already filed my tax, but I realized I received 1095-B and my SSN is missing, the form only shows my birthday, and my school refused to update and send me a new form, will IRS ask me for a payment?

Do I have to send IRS another copy with my 1095-B?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MaryEllen

I received 1095-B but my SSN is missing and only shows my birthday, and my school refused to update and send me a new form, will IRS ask me for a payment?

No, You should be okay to say you are covered by insurance as the form shows. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MaryEllen

No, You should be okay to say you are covered by insurance as the form shows. 

zxcv361jj

Thank you so much for the reply!
zxcv361jj

Just wanna make sure that the 1095-B is  not supposed to be sent to the IRS right? So I will just need to keep it as my own copy?
MaryEllen

No. It isn't attached to the return or mailed to the IRS. The school has to submit information to the IRS, but you are not responsible for that, as long as you provided the correct information to the school.
zxcv361jj

Thank you, I contacted my school and they said since I am an international student they are not filling out the SSN for me, instead they will just fill out with birthday. Thank you for the help, I was worrying I have to pay about $700 to the IRS!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies