turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For a CA Single Member LLC, when TurboTax asks me to complete and print my CA form 568, why does it always insert a blank copy in the middle of the PDF?

Every year, Turbotax inserts a blank CA 568 in the middle of my pre-filled CA 568. 

Here is what my CA 568 PDF contains: Pages 1-3 of the PDF: my pre-filled 568 for my LLC (all info properly filled out), then pages 4-6 are a COMPLETELY BLANK copy of 568, then page 7 is my pre-filled 568 Schedule A and B, page 8 is my Schedule K (pre-filled), page 9 is my "Additional information" showing expenses tallied up, and page 10 is schedule IW, also pre-filled. I don't understand why Turbotax insists on creating pages 4-6 in this PDF?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

For a CA Single Member LLC, when TurboTax asks me to complete and print my CA form 568, why does it always insert a blank copy in the middle of the PDF?

Thank you for letting us know, haus1! You've provided some great clues! The FTB has told us that they have received a few 568 returns with "a blank Form 568" in the middle. We cannot reproduce that yet but are still looking into why that occasionally happens.

Remove and discard the blank sides 4-6 and we'll keep trying to find a fact pattern that makes sides 4-6 print out blank then print out fine after that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for letting us know, haus1! You've provided some great clues! The FTB has told us that they have received a few 568 returns with "a blank Form 568" in the middle. We cannot reproduce that yet but are still looking into why that occasionally happens.

Remove and discard the blank sides 4-6 and we'll keep trying to find a fact pattern that makes sides 4-6 print out blank then print out fine after that.

Thanks Terry - I'm really surprised I'm the first person to ask this, it has been happening for years now, and I have always just removed the blank pages (after some initial confusion).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies