turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return was accepted 24th of Jan still says processing it was randomly selected to be reviewed. I just to know why my return was selected and my refund being held for

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My return was accepted 24th of Jan still says processing it was randomly selected to be reviewed. I just to know why my return was selected and my refund being held for

It says it was randomly selected in the IRS Web Site?  That is unfortunate, but  the IRS randomly selects tax returns for review, it always has and it always will.   It makes no difference what company you used to prepare your tax return, the IRS still pulls returns for review.  It does not mean that there is anything wrong with your return.  Just try and be patient and give the IRS a few more weeks.  I am sorry and I know that is not what you want to hear.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

It says it was randomly selected in the IRS Web Site?  That is unfortunate, but  the IRS randomly selects tax returns for review, it always has and it always will.   It makes no difference what company you used to prepare your tax return, the IRS still pulls returns for review.  It does not mean that there is anything wrong with your return.  Just try and be patient and give the IRS a few more weeks.  I am sorry and I know that is not what you want to hear.

Thank u cause I have been driving myself crazy thinking something was wrong but the irs said it can take up to 60 days
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies