turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

technical question: 2023 imported 2022 but then later I made changes to 2022

When I started TT Business yesterday, I elected to import last year's business return thinking all was well. It imported all OK. But then due to a small issue with my balance sheet requiring me to file an amended return to 2022, I opened it and only then learned TT had rejected it last  year without my knowledge and I had to clear some text boxes to file it. I successfully filed it yesterday (2022).  But now my 2023 has some wrong information. The only change I made to it was to add a small amt to income so I could take something off my balance sheet. 

My 2023 return is pretty much done and balanced but I haven't gone through all the reviews yet. When I opened it today I got a message that some new rule is going into effect soon so it isn't quite ready and NOT to finish it yet for filing. It also mentioned to make sure I included changes in codes or tokens something or changes from last year's return. How do I do that now since the 2022 was not filed as an "amended filing" but changes were made to it after I imported it to 2023? Can I re-import it or is there a way I can manually do the few changes I made to it? I would prefer that. But the ghosted income for 2022 is showing wrong amt. Not sure how to change last return's figures.

Thanks for any help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies